Root Canal Symptoms to Watch Out For
Do you have any idea about the root canal symptoms? Well, before anything else, you should know first what the root canal is and its function. I will tell you everything you have to learn.
Our teeth are made up of several parts which include the root canal. It is the form of canal which goes down onto our teeth’s root. To make it simple, root canal is no other than the space present within the root of your teeth.
This part of your teeth is composed of nerves and blood vessels located in the inner side of the teeth. In fact, the root canal can also be called the treatment or surgical operation wherein the oral bacteria and diseases are eliminated.
It also involves continuous cleaning and filling while securing is needed to provide protection for the teeth. These procedures can be done by a specialist. What is an endodontist? This is the medical professional who performs a root canal surgical procedure.
There are several instances wherein people become terrified even when they only experience mild pain. They will automatically go for a dental treatment which involves the root canal. However, please let me inform you that you really do not have to go for the expensive treatments if you experience toothache.
Look for the characteristics and symptoms relevant to root canal infection. These should serve as the basis for making a decision whether surgery is needed to be done or not. I would like to tell you that there are certain root canal signs and symptoms which require the surgical procedure for this. Likewise, you also need to know the main causative factors of root canal infection.
Root Canal Symptoms
- What are the Causes of Root Canal Infection?
Does a root canal hurt? This might be one of the questions that keep bothering you. There are certain factors which can trigger the onset of this infection. Tooth decay is among these triggering factors and this is the most usual element which stimulates the start of infection.
It is also one of the calcium deficiency symptoms you may experience if you lack in calcium, which is a very important mineral for teeth and bones. The decaying process of our teeth may start when we fail to take care of our teeth.
Actually, there are times that I fail to brush my teeth most especially when I go somewhere and I forgot to bring my toothpaste and toothbrush. Now, I noticed that my teeth are not in their good condition.
The accidents which can trigger severe damages to your teeth are also the most usual reason for the start of the infection. If you had been involved in an accident when you were a child or slapped causing serious damage to your teeth, these situations may cause tooth decay throughout your life.
Another thing that can trigger the start of root canal problem is a tooth fracture. This is the condition wherein your teeth are severely damaged. Tooth fracture may happen if you chew a hard textured food or you chew ice.
I am fond of chewing ice whenever I drink water with plenty of crushed ice and I kept doing that until I found that something bad happened to my teeth.
- What are the Root Canal Symptoms? :
The importance of performing the root canal surgery should be considered if the following root canal symptoms start to attack you:
- Toothache – this is one of the most usual root canal symptoms that I felt during the time I had a root canal infection. It is usually experienced by patients like me and I cry every time I eat and even when I drink due to the pain. If ever you experience toothache when you touch your cheek, you should visit a specialist because your condition should be cured with adequate root canal remedy.
- Discoloration – there are times that your teeth will lose their natural color which could also mean that infection affects your teeth. On the other hand, you have to be sure that the root canal is the actual cause of tooth discoloration. At times, certain factors like aging and tobacco consumption can trigger teeth discoloration. So, before you do anything, you have to be sure first that the problem is actually associated with a root canal infection.
- Night disturbances – toothache may attack you even in the middle of the night. This can wake you up, which leads to frequent disturbances when sleeping. When I experienced this situation, I visited my dentist and asked him for the best treatment.
- Swelling and inflammation of the gums – usually, your gums may begin to swell when the root canal is affected by an infection. The swelling may lead to the presence of a pimple which will release blood or pus when you press it. Dental checkup will help you a lot in this case.
- Stimulating pain – in some situations, the pain may start from 1 tooth which can trigger pain on other parts of your body like your ears or head. Your rear teeth are too close to your ears, so if your left back tooth is in pain, you can expect that the left ear will also be affected. You may also experience lower jaw pain.
- Tooth fracture – I have noticed that one of my teeth has a fracture on its left side part. I visited my dentist and I found that it is one of the root canal infection symptoms. In the human anatomy, teeth are known to be one of the strongest bones we have. However, they tend to break when you eat something that is too hard to chew. My advice for you about this is that you should visit your dentist to get a proper treatment.
Root canal treatment is quite expensive. Some people are unwilling to undergo this procedure because they are afraid while others are thinking about the expensive cost of it.
Well, there are root canal alternative treatments that you can use to alleviate the symptoms. You will find natural alternatives that can help relieve root canal symptoms in the safest and cheapest way.